To all the loyal High Dive fans out there: After more than 3 months of closure due to COVID-19, the time has come to announce our re-opening! Our goal is to provide both a safe and enjoyable environment while at High Dive, following CDC guidelines.
This will include, but not be limited to the following precautions:
- Capacity will be limited to no more than 50% of our typical maximum. We suggest buying tickets early as shows are much more likely to sell out under these restrictions.
- Per Alachua County law, masks will be required by everyone in the building, except for artists while they are on stage. Masks may be removed while drinking or eating, or when you are outside in the Beer Garden and keeping social distance.
- Temperatures of all artists, staff, and fans will be checked in a touch free manner before entering the venue. Temperature of 100.4 or higher will be denied entry. To be safe, please check yourself before arriving.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and elsewhere in the venue.
- Frequent hand-washing for a minimum of 20 seconds is encouraged, and social distancing is required. Signage throughout the venue as a reminder. In the areas of the venue where social distancing is more difficult (door ways, hallways, bathrooms), this is where mask are crucial.
- Increased sanitization protocol, frequent cleaning of high traffic area and even more thorough cleaning at the end of each event.
- Purchasing of tickets in advance and drinks at the bar with credit card are highly encouraged to minimize contact.
We have a long way to go until things are “back to normal”, but this is the first step. Of course, not everyone will feel comfortable going out yet, but we encourage each person to make that decision for themselves. Those who are 65 or older, have pre-existing conditions, do not feel well, and those who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or had direct contact with someone who has had COVID are urged to stay at home!
We Are Actively Booking New Shows & Events
For the most part, we will only be open Thursday – Saturday except for special events. It will be a while before we have any larger tours, but we are so grateful to the many local artists who have stepped up to help out. This is their time to shine on our stage and we hope you will support them!
Here Are the New Shows So Far
- Fri 7/3 acoustic show – Matt & Rick from Whale Feral, Driptones, Candlelight Cassia, Thomas Allain, Jacob from Saint Simon
- Thu 7/9 – GainesvilleComedyShows.com Stand Up Comedy Night w/Lunchbox & Surfer Jesus and friends
- Fri 7/10 – Heart Shaped Box – Nirvana Tribute, Heavy Pedal
- Sat 7/11 – Metal Show w/Purely Red, Apex, Nibiru
- Thu 7/16 – Local Improv Comedy Show
- Fri 7/17 – Gainesville Hip Hop Night w/ Sully, Dorion James & lots more
- Sat 7/18 – Pop Punk show w/The Bitters, Not Your Hero, tba
- Thu 7/23 – The Grass is Dead – Grateful Dead Tribute, tba
- Fri 7/24 – Smile Empty Soul, We Dine on Kings, more tba
- Thu 7/30 – GainesvilleComedyShows.com Stand Up Comedy Night w/ Allie Markwich, Cameron Atkinson & friends
Please keep in mind that tickets prices may be a dollar or 2 higher than they have in the past. This is to account for the lower capacity and to support both the venue and the performers. We also will be scaling back our alcohol selections a little in an effort to keep costs down. Thank you for your understanding
For those who don’t feel comfortable or aren’t able to come out in person, we hope to be announcing an online streaming option for our live shows very soon!
Finally, WE WANT TO BOOK YOUR BAND, SHOW, OR EVENT! Please email us at email@example.com. We cant do this without support from the local community, artists, fans, and event organizers alike.
Thanks for sticking with us through these last couple months. We look forward to seeing you back at High Dive in July.
– Pat and the High Dive family